Franklin Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents in Franklin can lead to devastating injuries and significant property damage. Unfortunately, crash victims often struggle to recover the compensation they are entitled to. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Franklin car accident attorney by your side. We will handle every aspect of your claim, including investigating what happened and negotiating with the insurance carriers. Our goal is to make sure that you recover full compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Larry R. Williams, PLLC for Your Franklin Car Accident Claim?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, you can count on having an attorney who will dedicate themselves to your case from the beginning of the claim until compensation has been secured.
- Our Franklin personal injury lawyers have been practicing law in the Middle Tennessee area for more than 40 years and have secured major settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients.
- We take Franklin car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay a dime in legal fees until we recover the compensation they need.
What Will an Attorney Do for a Car Accident Claim in Franklin?
A car accident lawyer is going to be crucial for those who have sustained injuries in the Franklin, Tennessee area. Unfortunately, going up against aggressive insurance carriers can be challenging, but an attorney will cut through the red tape. The job of a car accident lawyer is to conduct a full investigation into the incident in order to determine liability. An attorney will also make sure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat the injuries and help properly calculate total expected losses.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Franklin, TN?
Data available from the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security shows that there were more than 106,000 total vehicle collisions across the state during the latest reporting year (a number that is slightly lower than normal due to the COVID-19 pandemic). The data also reveals that there were 1,098 total collisions in Franklin during that same reporting year.
If we look at a breakdown of some of the most common causes of vehicle collisions, we can see the following:
- Distracted driving behaviors
- Alcohol or drug-impaired driving
- Speed related incidents
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to stop for a stop sign or signal
- Fatigued driving
Unfortunately, these accidents can lead to major injuries and property damage for those involved. It is not uncommon for drivers and passengers to sustain broken or dislocated bones, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage or internal bleeding, spinal cord injuries, and more.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Franklin
Any individual involved in a vehicle accident should take certain steps to ensure that not only do they receive the care necessary to treat their injuries but that they work towards securing maximum compensation for their losses. After a car accident in Franklin, we encourage all individuals to follow these steps:
- Call 911. It is critical to call 911 right after a vehicle accident occurs in Franklin. The police need to come to the scene to conduct an investigation and fill out an accident report.
- Check for injuries and seek medical care. You need to check yourself, your passengers, and others involved for any injuries they may have sustained. Even if you do not feel much pain right after a crash occurs, you need to go to the emergency room or a doctor for an evaluation. Failing to do so could jeopardize any eventual injury claim you make with the insurance carrier.
- Gather evidence. It may or may not be possible to gather evidence at the scene of the crash. If you are able to, you can use your cell phone to take photographs or videos of possible causes of the crash, debris and skid marks, license plates, injuries, and more. Additionally, if there were any eyewitnesses, either bystanders or those inside of their vehicles, need to get their names and contact information written down quickly.
- Report to your insurance carrier. Most insurance carriers require that accidents be reported to them within a day or two after the incident occurs. You need to let your insurance carrier know that the accident happened and give them the name and insurance information of the other driver(s) involved. You do not need to go into much detail with your insurance carrier. They only need to know that the incident occurred and that you are seeking medical treatment.
- Contact an attorney. You should reach out to a skilled Franklin car accident attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can use their resources to investigate every aspect of your claim and handle all communication with the insurance carriers on your behalf.
- Continue medical treatment. We encourage you to continue all medical treatment recommended by your doctor until you have reached maximum medical improvement. If you discontinue care, you will be fueling the fire with the insurance carriers. They could say that you are not as injured as you said you were if you stop treatment early.
How Much Compensation Will You Receive?
There is no set amount of compensation that a car accident victim in Franklin will receive. Rather, the total payout will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of any injuries, the level of property damage, lost income of the injury victim, and whether or not there was any shared fault.
Some of the main types of compensation that we help clients recover after a car accident include:
- Coverage of any emergency medical expenses
- Payment for ongoing doctor visits
- Compensation for physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Reimbursement for prescription medications or medical devices
- Lost wage replacement
- Property damage expenses
In addition to these calculable expenses, our team also works diligently to recover various types of non-economic damages, including physical and emotional pain and suffering losses.
Call a Franklin Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a vehicle accident caused by the negligence of another driver in Franklin, let the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC get to work on your case today. We will handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and spending time with your family. We will not back down from aggressive insurance carriers, and we want to make sure that you recover total compensation for your losses. When you need a Franklin car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.