Franklin Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injuries can lead to significant setbacks, both physically and emotionally. Injuries can also lead to major financial difficulties. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Franklin personal injury attorney by your side. Our team has the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these complex injury claims so that you can recover full compensation for your losses. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers, and we have no problem taking your case to trial if we need to.
Turn to Larry R. Williams, PLLC for Your Franklin Personal Injury Case?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, our team focuses on providing a client-centered approach to every case that we take, which means it is our goal to help our clients make as full of a recovery as possible.
- We understand that no two personal injury cases are exactly alike, but we will always vigorously pursue compensation from insurance carriers and at-fault parties.
- We take Franklin personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to worry about paying a dime and legal fees until we recover the compensation they need.
What Will an Attorney Do for a Personal Injury Case in Franklin?
There is no overstating the complexity of personal injury claims in Tennessee. It can be incredibly difficult for injury victims and their families to try and handle these cases on their own. The reality is that at-fault parties and their insurance carriers typically have much more resources at their disposal.
However, a personal injury lawyer in Franklin can help level the playing field. They will bring the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into the claim, determine liability, and handle all negotiations on behalf of their client. This will include fully preparing a case for trial and arguing in front of a jury if necessary to ensure a client is treated fairly.
Most Common Causes of Franklin Personal Injuries?
The Franklin personal injury attorneys at Larry R. Williams, PLLC have experience helping clients who have sustained injuries in a wide variety of ways. Some of the most common causes of accidents that lead clients to our doors include the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- DUI accident cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability claims
- Medical malpractice cases
- Defective product claims
We also represent families of those who have lost their lives as a result of the careless or negligent actions of others in Franklin and the surrounding communities. Our goal is to make sure that injury victims and families recover the compensation that they are entitled to for their losses.
Common Injuries We Help Clients With
At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we have an extensive history of helping clients throughout Tennessee who have sustained a wide range of injuries. We take pride in helping those who have sustained relatively minor injuries as well as those who have suffered from catastrophic losses. Some of the main types of injuries that we help clients with include the following:
- Concussions and more severe traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Fractured or dislocated bones
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Amputation injuries
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Burn injuries
In addition to these visible traumatic injuries, our team also understands that injury victims are likely to suffer from a range of unseen injuries that also deserve compensation. When we say unseen, we are referring to various types of physical and emotional pain and suffering. This can include the physical pain a person experiences as a result of the injury and the recovery process, as well as feelings of fear, anxiety, sleeplessness, and stress caused by the incident. We know that some injury victims even suffer from symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Types of Compensation Available for a Personal Injury Claim in Franklin
There may be various types of compensation available to personal injury victims in Franklin, Tennessee. Our lawyers work diligently to recover both economic and non-economic damages for every client that we help.
Economic damages: Economic damages are also referred to as “special damages,” and these are relatively quantifiable after a personal injury occurs in Franklin. We say they are quantifiable because we can calculate economic damages by gathering any medical bills, property damage expenses, and pay stubs to adequately find a sum for a victim:
- Medical treatment
- Medical device or prescription medication costs
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation expenses
- Last income
- Loss of future earnings caused by a disability
- Property damage expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages are also referred to as “general damages,” and these are more challenging to calculate after an injury occurs. We can call these expenses more immeasurable because there may not be direct bills or receipts that can calculate a person’s:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional or psychological distress
- Loss of consortium for a spouse
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
There is no set amount of compensation available to Franklin, TN, personal injury victims. Rather, there are several factors that go into final settlement amounts or jury verdict awards. Some of these factors include the severity of the injuries, whether or not there was any shared liability, how much pain and suffering a person endures, and more.
What if You Were Partially At-Fault?
Even if you were partially at fault for causing your own injury in Tennessee, you may still be able to recover compensation for your losses. This state operates under what is called a “modified comparative negligence” method for injury claims. Using this rule means that individuals can still recover compensation for injuries and damages if they are 49% or less at fault for the incident. Any person 50% or more responsible will be unable to recover compensation.
However, there is a caveat to this – the total amount of compensation a personal injury victim and Franklin receives will be reduced depending on their percentage of fault for the incident.
Steps to Take Right After Sustaining an Injury
There are various steps that you can take right after an accident occurs to help ensure that you are properly cared for and that you receive maximum compensation for your later injury claim:
- Medical care: The number one priority for any injury victim is seeking medical treatment right away. Even if the injuries do not seem very severe, medical care is crucial because it can uncover any unseen injuries, and it helps establish a link between the incident and the injuries you have sustained.
- Reporting the incident: Depending on how the injury occurred, who actually receives the injury report will vary. For car accidents, this involves calling 911 and letting the police handle the situation. If an injury happens at a private business or public area, then the property owner or manager needs to be made aware.
- Contacting an attorney: We encourage you to speak to a skilled Franklin personal injury attorney as soon as possible so they can take over handling every aspect of the case on their behalf.
- Exercising care with insurance carriers: You need to be cautious when speaking to any insurance carriers involved in the claim. You do not have to go into much detail with insurance carriers. Refer them to your attorney or give them very basic details and let the carrier know that you are seeking medical treatment.
Will Your Franklin Personal Injury Case go to Court?
Many individuals wonder whether or not they will have to go to court in order for their personal injury claim to reach a conclusion. The vast majority of personal injury cases in Franklin are resolved through settlements with insurance carriers. However, that does not mean that the case will end quickly. Insurance carriers are notorious for pushing back against having to make payments, and they could delay or even deny the claim.
It may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party, which does move the case into the civil court system, but does not necessarily mean that you will have to go to court. Filing the lawsuit begins the discovery process, and there is plenty of out-of-court back and forth before a trial is even scheduled. Only if the two sides cannot reach an agreement will you have to go to court, but this is often years after the injury occurs. The ultimate goal is to resolve the case with you securing full compensation before a trial becomes necessary.
Why You Need to Continue Medical Treatment
Many individuals wonder why they need to continue medical care after they start to feel better. Yes, it is a reason to celebrate that you are recovering after a personal injury occurs, but you should continue all medical care recommended by your doctor until you reach what they consider maximum medical improvement. This includes going to all follow-up doctor visits, participating in any physical therapy and rehabilitation needed, and using any medical devices recommended.
If you choose to discontinue care or do anything against the doctor’s orders, this could be taken as a sign by the insurance carrier or the at-fault party that you are not as injured as you said you were in the first place. You can be sure that insurance carriers and other parties will watch your movements, and they will obtain your medical records and use any discontinuation of care against you.
Call a Franklin Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another individual or business in Franklin, Tennessee, reach out to the team of Nashville personal injury lawyers at Larry R. Williams, PLLC for help today. We will not hesitate to use our resources to ensure that you can cover full compensation for your losses. Let us help make sure that you get on the path to recovery with monetary assistance for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering losses, and more. When you need a Franklin personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.