Murfreesboro Personal Injury Lawyer
Nobody should ever have to worry about sustaining an injury caused by the negligence of others, but the reality is that injuries occur all the time throughout Tennessee. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, our Murfreesboro personal injury attorneys have extensive experience helping clients recover compensation after they have been harmed due to the actions of others. We work diligently to help injury victims recover the money they need for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more. We can help you handle aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties, so let us get to work on your case today.
Why Choose Larry R. Williams, PLLC for Your Murfreesboro Personal Injury Claim?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we have decades of experience handling complex injury claims, and we know that no two cases are exactly alike. We approach each claim with a blank slate and craft our strategy based on our clients’ needs.
- We have spent more than 40 years recovering significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of personal injury victims throughout Tennessee.
- Murfreesboro personal injury clients will not have to pay a dime in legal fees until after we recover the compensation that they are entitled to.
How Can an Attorney Help My Personal Injury Claim in Murfreesboro?
Personal injury cases can be challenging, particularly when a person has to focus on recovering from their injuries. When a Murfreesboro personal injury lawyer gets involved in a claim, they will be able to handle every aspect of the civil lawsuit process on behalf of their client. This will include gathering all evidence needed to prove liability, such as:
- Photo or video surveillance of the incident
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Police or accident reports
- Relevant safety records of the at-fault party
An attorney will also work together all necessary medical and economic documentation so they can begin negotiating with the insurance carriers involved.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we have spent more than four decades helping clients recover compensation after sustaining injuries caused by others throughout Tennessee. We know that there are a wide variety of ways that personal injury claims can arise, but some of the most common cases we handle involve:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and fall incidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Medical mistakes
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of the types of personal injury cases that we take, and we strongly encourage you to contact one of our attorneys as soon as possible so we can determine the best steps forward for your situation.
We also provide compassionate assistance to families who have lost a loved one as a result of the careless or negligent actions of others in Murfreesboro. Our wrongful death lawyers are standing by to discuss your claim with you so we can figure out the best way to help your family get through the grieving process.
Types of Compensation Available for Personal Injury Victims
Individuals who sustain injuries caused by the careless or negligent actions of others are typically able to recover a range of compensation. This includes “special” and “general” damages. The goal of compensation is to provide enough money for an individual to get back to the position they were in before the injury occurred or to make them “whole.”
- Special damages. We can refer to these as economic damages, and these types of losses are relatively calculable after a personal injury occurs in Murfreesboro. We say that these are calculable because we are able to gather bills, receipts, pay stubs, and more to total up these losses. Some of the most common special damages in a personal injury claim include:
- Doctor and hospital bills
- The cost of physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Surgical expenses
- Lost income
- Out-of-pocket losses
- Property damage expenses
- General damages. We can refer to these as non-economic damages, and this type of loss is more immeasurable than the special damages mentioned above. Even though these types of damages are just as real and affect a victim just as much, they are harder to calculate because there are no direct bills or receipts for a person’s:
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium for family members
How Much is Your Claim Worth?
Adequately calculating how much a Murfreesboro personal injury claim is worth involves enlisting assistance from trusted medical, economic, and financial experts. These individuals will thoroughly examine every aspect of the case. This includes making some predictions about the future if the injury is severe enough to cause a disability and permanent lost wages.
There is no set amount of compensation paid to personal injury victims in Tennessee. Every case must be examined independently, and the main factors that can affect compensation amounts include the severity of the injuries, whether or not an individual can work, how long it takes to recover, whether or not there are permanent disabilities, the total level of pain and suffering, and whether or not there was any shared fault for the incident.
Partial Liability – Can You Still Get Compensation?
One of the most common tactics that insurance carriers and at-fault parties will use after a car accident in Murfreesboro is to try and shift the blame. This includes placing blame on the accident victim themselves. It is true that shared fault can shift how much compensation a person receives, but it does not mean that a person will receive no compensation at all.
Tennessee operates under a “modified comparative negligence” system, which means that any person less than 50% responsible for their injuries will still be able to recover compensation. Anyone more than 50% responsible for their injuries will be barred from recovering compensation.
For an example of how this works, let us suppose that a person sustains $100,000 worth of medical bills, property damage expenses, and lost income as a result of a crash. However, let us also imagine that a jury determines that the individual was 40% responsible for the incident because they were sending a text message at the time the incident occurred. In this particular scenario, the individual would receive $60,000 instead of the full $100,000. The $40,000 subtracted from the total represents the person’s 40% of shared responsibility for the incident.
Call a Murfreesboro Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured by the careless or negligent actions of someone else in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, reach out to the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC for help as soon as possible. We will use our resources to conduct a complete investigation into the incident in order to determine liability for what happened. We want to make sure that you are fully compensated for your medical bills, lost income, property damage expenses, and more. When you need a Murfreesboro personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.