Brentwood Wrongful Death Attorney
No one should ever have to go through losing a loved one too soon. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Brentwood wrongful death lawyer by your side. We understand how challenging this is for you and your family, and we will handle every aspect of the case on your behalf. Let our team investigate the incident, listen to your story, and help recover the closure and compensation you need.
Why Choose Larry R. Williams, PLLC?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we have the resources necessary to fully investigate the cause of your loved one’s death.
- We believe that the foundation of our success is based on preparation, hard work, and dedicated attention to every family that comes through our door.
- We handle Brentwood wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not pay a dime in legal fees until after we secure the compensation and closure they need.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney in Brentwood Can Help
In the state of Tennessee, only certain individuals are allowed to file wrongful death claims. Initially, this right belongs to the surviving spouse of the deceased. If there is no surviving spouse, the right to file a lawsuit falls to surviving children, next of kin, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate, or surviving parents of the deceased.
However, filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Tennessee is incredibly challenging, and you need to have a skilled Brentwood personal injury attorney by your side handling every aspect of the claim. An attorney will make sure that the case is filed on time, and they will also conduct a complete investigation into the incident to prove liability.
Compensation Your Family May Receive
There may be various types of compensation available to surviving family members or the deceased’s estate. If a wrongful death claim is successful, the court will order the defendant (the negligent party) to pay damages to the plaintiff (the deceased’s family members or estate). Depending on the facts of the case, the damages available for a wrongful death claim in Tennessee can include the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses the deceased experienced after the incident but before their death
- Compensation for any physical or mental suffering the deceased experienced caused by the incident but before their death
- Lost wages the deceased would have likely earned had they lived
- The loss of the deceased’s companionship, love, care, and nurturing
The total amount of compensation available to family members and the estate of the deceased will vary depending on several factors, including the age of the deceased, whether or not the deceased survived any length of time after the incident, total expected loss of income, and benefits, and more.
Call a Brentwood Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
If you have lost somebody that you love due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of someone else, reach out to the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC for help today. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex personal injury and wrongful death claims throughout Tennessee, and we know how to stand up to at-fault parties and insurance carriers. Let our Brentwood wrongful death lawyers start investigating your claim today. You can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.