Mt. Juliet Social Security Disability Attorney
Obtaining Social Security disability benefits can be incredibly difficult. The Social Security Administration is known for high denial rates for these claims, but the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC is ready to help you through this. Our Mt. Juliet Social Security disability attorneys have extensive experience helping clients secure the benefits that they are entitled to. We want to make sure that you are treated fairly by the Social Security Administration throughout every step of this process.
Why Choose Larry R. Williams, PLLC for an SSDI Claim?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are a small, family-owned business that is committed to providing quality service to every client that comes through our door.
- We believe in handling each case with a client-centered approach, which means we take the time to listen to your goals and objectives as we tailor our strategy to meet your needs.
- You will not have to worry about paying legal fees when it comes to your Social Security disability case in Mt. Juliet.
How Will an Attorney Help a Social Security Disability Case?
The process of filing for Social Security disability benefits can be discouraging. With the Social Security Administration’s strict deadlines and regular denials over minor issues, many people simply give up when it comes to filing for these benefits.
However, a Mt. Juliet SSD attorney will help ensure that you meet all of the SSA’s requirements when it comes to filing your claim. If your disability prevents you from obtaining the necessary documentation for your claim, an attorney will do this on your behalf. An attorney will also be able to handle the appeals process if the SSA denies the claim.
The Difficulties of Securing Social Security Disability Benefits
The Social Security disability application process can seem challenging for a variety of reasons. First, any person who has a disability will likely struggle to uncover all of the evidence needed to prove to the SSA that they:
- Cannot do the same work you did before
- Cannot adjust to other work because of the medical condition
- Have been disabled, or are expected to be disabled, for at least a year (or if the disability will result in death)
There are often several reasons why a claim is initially denied, including failing to file the claim within the appropriate deadlines or failing to provide certain documentation requested by the SSA. Other reasons for denials include:
- The applicant’s income is too high
- Failing to submit all medical records
- Missing an appointment with an SSA-approved doctor
Even if an initial claim is denied, applicants will have several options available to them that their attorneys can help them go through. This will include:
- A request for reconsideration of the application. This must be submitted within 60 days of receiving the decision letter from the SSA.
- Collecting additional evidence documenting a disability, which can then be added to an application and reviewed by the SSA.
- Requesting a hearing in front of an administrative law judge.
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court.
Contact a Mt. Juliet Social Security Disability Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about is starting the process of filing for Social Security disability benefits in Mt. Juliet, contact the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC for help today. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your claims process, including handling the gathering of documentation, filing the claim properly, and taking on the SSA if they deny your claim. When you need a Mt. Juliet Social Security disability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.