Mt. Juliet Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost somebody that you love, then we understand how difficult of a time this is for you and your family. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, our Mt. Juliet wrongful death attorneys have extensive experience helping families who have lost a loved one as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another individual or entity. We know you are grieving, and we want to help uncover the truth of what happened so you can recover the closure and compensation you are entitled to.
Choose Larry R. Williams, PLLC for Your Mt. Juliet Wrongful Death Claim
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we have decades of experience handling complex wrongful death cases throughout Tennessee.
- We are a family-owned small business committed to providing quality service to every client, particularly those who have experienced a tragic loss.
- Our team handles Mt. Juliet wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that grieving family members will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help a Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death claims in Tennessee need to be handled by a skilled attorney. These cases can become incredibly complicated, especially for family members who are grieving the loss of a loved one. A wrongful death lawyer will handle every aspect of the case on behalf of the family members and the estate of the deceased. This will include:
- Fully investigating the cause of death and determining liability
- Working with trusted financial and economic experts to properly calculate the estate and family losses
- Handling all negotiations with insurance carriers and at-fault parties
- Fully preparing the wrongful death claim for trial
How Do Mt. Juliet Wrongful Death Cases Arise
When we look at Tennessee law regarding wrongful death claims, we can see that these cases arise when a person dies from “injuries received from another” or “by the wrongful act, omission, or killing by another” (Tenn. Code § 20-5-106 (2021)).
At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we know that these claims can arise in various ways throughout the Mt. Juliet area. Some of the most common wrongful death cases that we help families with arise due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical or surgical mistakes
- Premises liability incidents
- Acts of violence or criminal activity
Time Limit to File a Wrongful Death Claim in Mt. Juliet
It is crucial for family members and the estate of the deceased to file these claims on time. The Tennessee wrongful death statute of limitations is one year from the date of the person’s death. If the case is not filed within this one-year time frame, surviving family members will most likely not be able to recover the compensation they are entitled to for their losses.
Call a Mt. Juliet Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost somebody that you love as a result of the negligence of another individual, business, or entity in the Mt. Juliet area, let the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC get to work on your case immediately. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these cases on your behalf. Our compassionate Mt. Juliet wrongful death attorneys want to make sure that you are treated fairly throughout every step of this process. When you need legal assistance to get you through this difficult time, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.