Nashville, TN Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen every day in the United States, and injured drivers often wonder if they have grounds for legal action against the negligent drivers who caused their damages. If you or a loved one recently suffered damages due to the negligent actions of another driver in Tennessee, the Nashville personal injury attorneys at the law firm of Larry R. Williams, PLLC can help you recover your losses through a personal injury claim. Contact our experienced Nashville car accident lawyers today to schedule a free case evaluation and learn more about your legal options for recovery.
Why Choose Us for Your Tennessee Car Accident Claim?
When you need a Nashville attorney for a Tennessee car accident claim, it is essential to find one with the experience and resources necessary to navigate you to a satisfactory result and acceptable recovery for your damages.
- The attorneys at the law firm of Larry R. Williams, PLLC have more than 35 years of experience handling civil claims for our clients in Nashville and throughout Tennessee.
- We believe in building trust with our clients and providing individualized, comprehensive legal representation in every case we take.
- Our law firm is a small family-owned business with the experience and resources you would expect from a high-profile, big-city law firm.
- All of our attorneys have deep roots in the Nashville area and understand the common auto accident issues many residents face.
- We offer free consultations to injury victims so they can better understand their options for legal recourse before making any kind of financial commitment for legal representation.
The Nashville car accident lawyers at the law firm of Larry R. Williams, PLLC know how devastating auto accidents can be and the extent to which damages can negatively impact a driver’s life. We work diligently to maximize our clients’ recoveries in every car accident case we handle.
Nashville Car Accident Resources
- How Much Is My Nashville Car Crash Claim Worth?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Tennessee?
- Dealing With Insurance Companies in Tennessee
- Who Is Liable for a Car Accident in Nashville, Tennessee?
- Injured Passengers’ Rights in Nashville, Tennessee
- Contact Our Nashville Accident Attorneys For a Free Consultation
How Much Is My Nashville Car Crash Claim Worth?
The ultimate goal of any personal injury claim is to help the plaintiff become “whole” again after suffering losses due to another party’s negligence. Essentially, a plaintiff in a car accident claim can secure compensation for any and all damages resulting from the defendant’s negligence. The potential recovery from a car accident involving significant damages and serious injuries can be substantial.
- Plaintiffs can secure compensation for their economic damages like hospital bills, ambulance fees, medical bills, and any and all other expenses related to necessary medical treatment. This includes future medical expenses if an injury causes a permanent disability or long-term medical complication requiring consistent treatment.
- Plaintiffs can receive lost income compensation if an auto accident forces them to miss work for an extended time. Additionally, some car accident victims sustain permanent damage that prevents them from working in the future. In such a case, the plaintiff may receive compensation for lost future earnings.
- A plaintiff in a motor vehicle accident claim can recover vehicle repair or replacement costs as well as property damages for damaged or destroyed personal property within the vehicle or other expenses resulting from the accident, such as rental car fees or tow truck fees.
- Plaintiffs who suffer severe injuries usually receive compensation for their pain and suffering. Different courts use different methods for calculating pain and suffering damages. Some plaintiffs may receive lump sums while others receive per diem compensation for every day spent in pain until they reach maximum medical recovery.
- If a defendant was egregiously negligent or engaged in criminal activity at the time of the accident, the jury may also award punitive damages, and the defendant could face criminal charges from the state.
The Nashville car accident lawyers at the law firm of Larry R. Williams, PLLC can help an injured driver assess the full scope of his or her damages from a car accident to ensure a fair recovery.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Tennessee?
Every state upholds a statute of limitations or time limit for filing legal action. In Tennessee, the statute of limitations on personal injury claims is one year, beginning on the date the accident occurred. This means a driver must file a legal complaint within one year against a negligent driver, otherwise the other driver could file a motion to dismiss the suit due to the missed statute of limitations, which a judge would likely approve.
Dealing With Insurance Companies in Tennessee
Every driver dreads having to file an insurance claim, but the reality is that the vast majority of U.S. drivers will need to deal with insurance companies at some point. Having an attorney on your side can make dealing with insurance companies easier. Remember, insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests and generally look for any and all reasons to reduce a settlement offer or deny a claim.
- Your car wreck attorney can help you draft a strong initial demand letter for coverage that fully covers the elements of your auto accident, whether that include an accident with a truck driver, motorcycle, or other vehicle on the road.
- An attorney can help prepare you for an interview with a claims adjuster or negotiate with the insurer on your behalf.
- Your attorney can ensure a settlement offer from an insurance company is fair under the terms of the policy in question.
- If an insurance company representative or claims adjuster engages in any bad faith practices, your attorney can help you explore your legal options to hold the insurer accountable and not only help you recover a fair settlement but also potentially hold the insurer accountable for bad faith practices.
Who Is Liable for a Car Accident in Nashville, TN?
Liability for a car accident falls to the driver who caused the accident. However, if you bear any liability for causing the accident you should expect to lose a portion of your settlement or case award to reflect your fault under Tennessee’s comparative negligence law. As long as the plaintiff’s fault does not exceed that of the defendant, the plaintiff can still recover compensation for his or her damages.
However, the plaintiff loses a percentage of the settlement or case award equal to his or her percentage of fault in causing the accident. For example, in a $50,000 car accident claim in which the plaintiff is 10% at fault, the plaintiff loses 10% of the case award, resulting in $45,000 instead. You can find more information about Tennessee car accident liability laws here.
Injured Passengers’ Rights in Tennessee
Passengers also have rights when it comes to recovering their losses from car accidents. If you were in another driver’s car as a passenger, you would file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver just as you would have if you had been driving. However, a driver could also face liability for injuries to his or her passenger if the driver was in any way responsible for the accident. If the accident in question was a single vehicle collision, the driver of the vehicle would be liable for passenger injuries and other damages.
Contact Our Nashville Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
It is essential to act quickly after a Tennessee car accident if you hope to obtain recovery for your damages. The Nashville car accident attorneys at the law firm of Larry R. Williams, PLLC have the experience necessary to handle the most complicated car accident claims in Tennessee. If you or a loved one suffered an injury due to a negligent driver, contact the law firm of Larry R. Williams, PLLC today and request a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Once we have the details of your situation, we can help you better understand your options for legal recourse and what kind of compensation you could secure from a successful motor vehicle accident claim in Tennessee.
“Thank you, Jonathan. You have fought very hard for us and we appreciate all you’ve done for us. You have communicated with us every step of the way, not leaving us hanging, wondering what’s going on. It means a lot just knowing we have you on our side.” – Jane F.