Nashville Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
Individuals become distracted in a variety of ways behind the wheel, and this can lead to major vehicle accidents throughout the Nashville area. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by a distracted driver, you need to contact an attorney immediately. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Nashville distracted driving accident lawyer to help you recover compensation. Our goal is to recover full compensation either through an insurance settlement or by filing a civil personal injury lawsuit against the negligent driver.
Why Choose Our Team for Your Claim?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are proud to have the highest rating given by law firm rating service Martindale-Hubbell, signifying professional excellence.
- Our team believes in securing compensation for vehicle accident victims through our hard work and preparation, as well as our willingness to take each case to trial.
- We handle distracted driving accident claims in Nashville on a contingency fee basis, which means clients do not pay legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
How Can An Attorney Help With My Nashville Distracted Driver Claim?
Distracted driving accident claims can be challenging, particularly when it comes to determining liability. Most drivers who operate while distracted will never readily admit that they were distracted when the accident occurred. However, a personal injury attorney in Nashville can work together any evidence needed to prove liability, including:
- Statements for eyewitnesses
- Mobile device data
- Video surveillance from nearby cameras
- The police report
After gathering the evidence needed to prove what happened, an attorney will confront insurance carriers and vigorously negotiate to recover maximum compensation.
Distracted Driving is Incredibly Dangerous
Information available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that there are various types of distractions that can occur behind the wheel:
- Visual distractions that involve taking your eyes off the road
- Manual distractions that involve taking your hands off the wheel
- Cognitive distractions that involve taking your mind off of the task of driving
Looking at those definitions, we can see that there are many activities that constitute distracted driving, and some that include all three of those main types of distractions listed by the CDC. This includes, but is not limited to, eating or drinking behind the wheel, texting or browsing on a cell phone, changing the radio or GPS, reaching for items in the vehicle, talking to others inside the vehicle, talking on the phone, and more.
Unfortunately, distracted driving can cause significant accidents and catastrophic injuries. Every day, approximately eight people lose their lives as a result of the actions of a distracted driver, and many others are injured. During a recent reporting year, approximately 400,000 individuals sustained injuries as a result of a distracted driver crash in the US.
Call a Nashville Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident caused by a distracted driver in Nashville, reach out to the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC for help immediately. We will not hesitate to investigate your claim, handle aggressive insurance carriers, and work to recover total compensation for your losses. When you need a Nashville distracted driving accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.