Hendersonville Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are not uncommon in and around the Hendersonville, Tennessee, area. Unfortunately, these collisions can leave victims suffering from significant injuries and dealing with major property damage. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, our auto accident lawyers have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your vehicle accident claim. If you have been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another driver, we will investigate the crash, determine liability, and vigorously negotiate with insurance carriers to ensure that you recover the compensation that you need.
Why Choose Larry R. Williams, PLLC for Your Car Accident Case?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, our attorneys have more than four decades of experience practicing law in the Middle Tennessee area, and we have secured major settlements on behalf of injury victims.
- We are a small, family-owned business that is committed to providing quality service to every client.
- Hendersonville car accident victims will not have to pay a dime in legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need for their losses.
How Will an Attorney Help a Car Accident Case in Hendersonville?
A skilled personal injury lawyer in Hendersonville, Tennessee will handle every aspect of these claims on behalf of their client. This will include:
- Conducting a thorough and independent investigation in order to determine liability
- Ensuring their client is evaluated and cared for by a trusted medical professional
- Working with economic experts to properly calculate total expected losses
- Vigorously negotiating with insurance carriers to secure full compensation
Common Causes of Hendersonville Car Accident Accidents
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security shows that there were more than 106,000 total vehicle accidents reported across the state during the latest year of data, though this number is lower than in previous years (likely due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns).
Crashes in Hendersonville and throughout Tennessee occur for a wide variety of reasons. Some of the most common negligent actions of other drivers that lead to injury and property damage crashes include driving while:
- Impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Distracted by phones, other devices, food, and beverages, etc.
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Ignoring stop signs or stop signals
- Failing to follow basic traffic laws
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to properly maintain a vehicle
What Compensation is Available for Hendersonville Car Accident Victims?
Car accident victims in Hendersonville, Tennessee, may be able to recover a wide range of compensation after the collision occurs. Our attorneys work diligently to recover both “special damages” and “general damages” on behalf of every client that we help.
- Special damages revolve around the calculable types of losses that Hendersonville car accident victims are likely to incur. Also referred to as economic damages, this can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Hospital and doctor costs
- Lost income if a person cannot work
- Property damage expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- General damages revolve around the less calculable expenses a person is likely to sustain after an accident, and we often refer to these as non-economic damages. These more immeasurable damages can affect a person’s life just as much as the economic losses mentioned above. The most common general damages that we help clients recover compensation for include:
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Psychological or emotional distress damages
- Loss of enjoyment or loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium for spouses and domestic partners
Total Value of a Car Accident Claim
The total value of a car accident claim in Hendersonville, Tennessee, will vary depending on the factors related to each particular claim. Trusted medical and economic experts will examine the facts of the case to help calculate the adequate amount requested.
Some of the factors that can affect car accident claim values include the severity of the initial injuries, the length of the recovery time, how much pain and suffering a person endures, the level of property damage, and whether or not there was any shared fault for the incident.
Adding up the economic losses typically involves gathering all of the bills and receipts available. However, calculating non-economic damages is a bit more challenging. A car accident attorney may use a multiplier method where they will take the economic damage total and then multiply this by a set number, usually a number ranging from 2 to 5. For example, if a person sustains $200,000 worth of economic losses, an attorney could use a multiplier of “three” to reach a non-economic total of $600,000. Overall, an attorney would seek $800,000 for their client in this scenario.
Car Accidents and Partial Liability in TN
Car insurance carriers often try to place some or all of the blame for an incident on the other parties involved. They will do this to limit how much money they pay out to injury and property damage victims. However, crash victims in Hendersonville and elsewhere in Tennessee will still likely be able to recover compensation if they are partially at fault. This state operates under a “modified comparative negligence” system, meaning car accident victims can recover compensation if they are less than 50% responsible for the incident. Individuals will receive reduced compensation based on their percentage of fault for the incident. If a person is found to be 10% at fault for a collision, then their overall compensation amount would be reduced by 10%.
Time Limit to File a Hendersonville Car Accident Claim
Crash victims in Hendersonville, Tennessee, need to be aware that they have a limited amount of time to file these lawsuits in court. The personal injury statute of limitations in this state is one year from the date an injury occurs. If a crash victim does not file a lawsuit within this one-year time frame, they will likely lose the ability to recover the compensation they need.
Call a Hendersonville Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another driver in Hendersonville, the team at Larry R. Williams, PLLC is standing by to help you today. We have a track record of success handling complex injury claims throughout Tennessee, and we have no problem taking on aggressive insurance carriers in order to ensure that you are properly compensated. This includes coverage of your medical bills, property damage expenses, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Hendersonville car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.