Hendersonville Personal Injury Attorney
When a person sustains an injury, it can affect much more than just their physical levels of pain. Injuries can affect a person emotionally and psychologically, and they can drain their financial resources. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we are here to help if you need a Hendersonville personal injury attorney. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another individual, business, or entity, we want to make sure that you recover complete compensation for your losses.
Why Turn to Larry R. Williams, PLLC for Your Hendersonville Personal Injury Case?
- At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, we believe that the foundation of our success is based on our hard work, preparation, and dedication to personal attention in every case.
- We have more than four decades of experience practicing law in the Middle Tennessee area, and we have built a reputation for providing sound legal advice.
- We handle Hendersonville personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help a Personal Injury Case in Hendersonville?
Personal injury claims can become incredibly complex in Tennessee, and it is often nearly impossible for injury victims to handle these cases by themselves. A lawyer will be able to:
- Conduct a full investigation into the incident to determine liability
- Make sure their client is evaluated and treated by a trusted medical professional
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance carriers and at-fault parties
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial to ensure their client is treated fairly
Common Causes of Hendersonville Personal Injury Accidents
The Hendersonville personal injury lawyers at Larry R. Williams, PLLC have experience helping clients who have sustained a wide variety of injuries. This includes traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken and dislocated bones, significant scarring and disfigurement, and more. We know that these injuries can occur in a wide variety of ways, and we often help clients who have been harmed due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Medical and surgical mistakes
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability claims
- Defective products
- DUI accidents midline
What Damages Are Available in a Hendersonville Personal Injury Case?
When individuals are working to recover compensation, they should be attempting to recover both economic and non-economic losses. When a personal injury victim is working with a skilled attorney, the goal will be to recover maximum compensation. For a Hendersonville personal injury claim, some of the most common types of compensation individuals recover include the following:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage expenses
- Ongoing medical bills
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
In addition to these calculable losses, individuals need to work to recover compensation for their physical and emotional pain and suffering as well. These non-economic losses are attached to types of suffering that individuals experience that can dramatically affect their day-to-day lives in the aftermath of an accident. These losses need to be directly related to the injuries and the recovery process.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer in Hendersonville Cost?
Affording a personal injury lawyer in Hendersonville may seem like an impossible task, but the reality is that these claims may be more affordable than you think. At Larry R. Williams, PLLC, our team is proud to take these cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients do not have to worry about paying legal fees until after we are successfully able to recover the compensation they need to get through this. Clients only pay after we win, and if we do not win the case, the clients pay zero legal fees. Additionally, our team will handle all of the upfront and out-of-pocket costs related to the case.
What Should You Do After You Have Suffered a Personal Injury?
After individuals have sustained a personal injury as a result of the negligence of another party, there are various steps that they need to take both right away and in the days and weeks that follow the incident in order to recover adequate compensation.
- Medical care. The first step is to seek medical care for any injuries sustained in the incident. Even if the injuries do not seem very severe, individuals need to go to the hospital so a doctor can conduct an evaluation. Additionally, any injury symptoms that show up in the days or weeks after an injury occurs should be seen by a doctor.
- Gather and keep evidence. If possible, individuals should gather evidence at the scene of the incident. This can include taking photos of the cause of the incident as well as photos of the injury itself. If there were individuals who saw what happened, their names and contact information needs to be gathered quickly. In the days and weeks following the incident, individuals need to keep all documentation of the recovery process. This includes doctor bills and medical records, as well as proof of lost wages.
- Call an attorney. We strongly encourage all individuals who sustain injuries caused by other parties to seek assistance from an attorney quickly. A lawyer can get involved and help ensure that the proper steps are taken to gather and preserve evidence, communicate with other parties, and work towards the maximum settlement.
- Follow-up medical care. Personal injury victims need to go to the doctor until they have fully recovered or at least recovered as much as possible with medical care. Discontinuing care against the advice of a physician could jeopardize the overall settlement.
Time Limit to File a Hendersonville Personal Injury Claim
It is crucial for injury victims to make sure that they file their claims as quickly as possible. The Tennessee personal injury statute of limitations is one year from the date an injury occurs. If Hendersonville injury victims fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, they will lose the ability to recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Call a Hendersonville Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured as a result of the negligent or intentional actions of another individual or entity in the Hendersonville area, the attorneys at Larry R. Williams, PLLC are standing by to help you today. We have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case, and we will vigorously negotiate with insurance carriers to ensure that you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage expenses, and more. When you need a Hendersonville personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (615) 237-8619.