Nashville: This is Our City
Posted in General Law Firm on February 8, 2016
Did you know that Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States?!
According to the Metro Monitor in the last 5 years Nashville’s combined growth in job creation and population landed it as the 5th fastest growing city in the country. Anyone living in the metropolitan area wouldn’t find this ranking a surprise. With all of the visible development happening in the downtown area, new restaurants opening and dreaded congestion on our streets it is obvious that our city is growing, and with growth comes growing pains.
One of the most frustrating effects of our city’s growth is the increase in traffic jams. Anyone that commutes in or out of the downtown core has experienced it: the seemingly endless line of bumper to bumper cars that move at a snail’s pace. If you are annoyed with traffic congestion, you are not alone. Did you know, according to Nationwide:
- The average urban commuter is stuck in traffic for over 34 hours per year?
- The United States collectively drives about 3 trillion miles annually?
- Each hour struck in traffic costs about $21 in wasted time and fuel!
With enough roadway in the United States to circle the earth 160 times, that’s a lot of opportunity for congestion. So why are we talking about this? Traffic incidents account for 25% of road congestion. Luckily for us, Consumer Reports came out with 6 ways to avoid a car accident:
- Don’t Drive Buzzed. Use a Designated Driver.
- If you are going to drive, only drive. Don’t drive distracted.
- Slow and Steady. Don’t Speed
- Learn how to park it. Parking lots are a common place for slow-paced accidents.
- Drive a reliable vehicle. Break-downs are the worst, for you and everyone stuck behind you.
- Take advantage of technology. Since 2012 most cars integrated advanced safety systems such as stability control, blind spot monitoring or even lane departure warning systems.
Population Growth + Traffic Congestion = Traffic Incident
If you have been involved in a traffic incident and want to learn more about your rights or recovering a settlement contact one of our assertive personal injury advocates today for your free consultation. 615-256-8880.
Image Credit: http://www.wepsite.de/cartoons%28general%29a.htm