I Was Injured In A Car Wreck: What Do I Do?
Posted in Car accidents on April 14, 2016
- Don’t Leave the Scene: stay at the scene of the collision with your vehicle. Make sure you are in a safe place and out of danger. Turn your hazards on to notify other oncoming vehicles.
Protect Your Health: call and wait for emergency responders, even if you think you are ok. Wait for the ambulance to get medical attention. After a car wreck you may be in shock and not notice the severity of your injuries.
- Don’t Speak: Make sure the police are called and come to the scene and do a traffic incident report. You are not required to talk to the other driver or the other driver’s insurance company. The police will write a traffic report to gather all of the necessary information.
- Follow Doctors Orders: once you have been taken to the hospital and you have received medical attention, make sure you follow the instructions from your Doctor on your hospital discharge documents. The doctor may give you a prescription for medicine, to follow up at a later date or may have prescribed therapy for your injuries. Follow through with these orders or follow up with your Doctor.
- Be Diligent with your Medical Care: in follow up appointments with health care professionals, make sure you communicate you were involved in a car wreck and communicate all of your injuries and symptoms. Sometimes you may not feel the effect of an injury until days or even weeks after a collision. It is important that you tell your doctors about your injuries, symptoms or any changes you notice to your health after your accident to make sure your medical record is accurate.
- Call Us: once it is safe for you to call us, contact one of our personal injury attorneys. We will make sure your insurance company is notified and the other driver’s insurance company is notified. We will contact all of your health care professionals to keep up to date on your medical conditions. We will act on your behalf in handling your claim so you can focus on your recovery and getting healthy.
Authentic Attorneys. Trusted Tradition. Real Relationships. Larry R. Williams, PLLC